COMPUSHIFT Features & Benefits
Ease of Setup and Use
- Built-in Bluetooth wireless connection.
- App based setup, diagnostics and calibration.
- No PC or laptop is required. Setup is easy and can be completed by your App on your phone or tablet. However, laptop based setup is still available if preferred either via wireless or cable connection.
- Install and drive - most transmissions are supported by a pre-set calibration. Note: 5-6 speed transmissions will require careful calibration refinements.
- Customizable App dashboard.
- Easy to download and share calibrations with friends and tech support.
- USB port can connect to a PC or handheld display as required.
- Extensive data logging and charting capabilities are provided by the App.
- One touch throttle position sensor (TPS) calibration.
- The App fully supports both metric and imperial units (kilometers/miles etc). There are presets for various countries. An option exists to choose any combination of metric and imperial for the various settings.
Comprehensive Instructions and Support
- Personal US based 1 on 1 phone and email tech support.
- Remote tech support is available over the internet where a member of our tech support team can log directly into your device to address any concerns.
- Comprehensive online owner’s manual.
- Quick installation guide.
- Free software updates (reflash) are available at any time online via the App.
- Software updates can be loaded via CAN, USB, or Bluetooth.
- Adjustable shift speeds.
- Adjustable shift feel.
- Adjustable torque converter clutch control.
- Configure 2 different calibrations or modes such as automatic/manual, tow/haul, calibration A/calibration B. Controlled by either your App or an optional switch.
- Lock-Up Switch compatible for 4x4 or long haul towing usage. This allows for 100% engine braking in most gears and significant fuel saving while towing.
- Plug and play harness made specifically for each transmission.
- Paddle shift compatible.
- Supports the widest range of transmission types and manufacturers.
- Direct connection to the widest range of engine management systems (via CAN) for ease of setup/configuration.
- CAN based interface to factory and aftermarket engine management systems.
- Compatible with aftermarket throttle position sensors (TPS) which are available on our website.
Quality Manufacturing and Durability
- Corrosion resistant fully anodized billet aluminum housing.
- IP rated main harness connector.
- IP65 rated control module.
- Made in America (housing, circuit board, harness, App/software development).
- Designed in America (App/software, controller and harnesses).
- Longest established US manufacturers of transmission controllers (founded 1998-99).
- Vibration and shock resistant.
- The aluminum main case has been designed to maximize heat dissipation and management.
- For proof of quality and tracking each housing is laser etched with the HGM logos and serial numbers.
- Each unit is uniquely serialized and tracked throughout production, delivery and sales.
- Each unit is individually and thoroughly tested for load, circuit quality, accuracy, function and stability on a purpose build test system.
- Lightweight compact construction makes for easy install in even the tightest locations.
- A single lever lock design ensures the main harness cannot accidentally disconnect from the module.
Industry Leading Features and Design
- The App has the ability to detect an extensive range of faults ranging from transmission malfunctions to wiring and solenoid faults (all displayed via industry standard fault codes).
- Dedicated indicator lights provide simple fault diagnostics, power confirmation and mode identification.
- 12 short circuit protected solenoid drivers.
- Each driver can drive high side or low side, meaning nearly any transmission can be controlled.
- On/off, pintle, PWM, variable bleed and variable force solenoids can be controlled, with or without peak and hold capability.
- Each solenoid output can measure open circuit, short circuit and faulty solenoid resistance (high or low).
- 4 programmable inputs to measure a wide variety of speed sensor types (hall effect, magnetic coil sensors and points ignition).
- 22 general purpose input / output circuits that can be configured as LED outputs, switch inputs, voltage inputs, or pulse measurements for interfacing to pressure sensors, temperature sensors, shift levers, pushbuttons, and indicators.
- Support for dual transmission temperature sensors so both pan and cooler return temperatures can be monitored simultaneously if required.
- Sensor inputs are designed for standalone or piggyback TPS and MAP sensors.
- Programmable TPS and MAP ground so you can use dedicated sensors or piggyback.
- High speed 32 bit CPU for shift control.
- Dedicated Bluetooth processor that is separate from the main CPU for reliability.
- Internal 3 axis accelerometer for data logging and shift calibration.
- Internal temperature sensor for safety and environmental monitoring.
- Has dedicated transfer case low range input for adjusting shift schedule and speedometer calibration as required. Able to detect both high and low range where available.
Many will claim to be the best, but are unable to match our extensive range of Features & Benefits. We'll let you be the judge. Do the comparison for yourself.
HGM is the industry leader in transmission control. We are with you all the way in every step of your project.
To get exact pricing for your particular combination of transmission and engine setup please click the link below.