Dodge Front Differential Cover, C205FD 8 Ring Gear, 12 Bolt
PML Differential Cover for Chrysler/Dodge Front C205FD 8" Ring Gear, 12 Bolt, For Ram 1500, Dakota, Durango
Available in 2 finishes!
Price includes differential cover, vent fitting, bolts, fill hole plug and magnetic drain plug.
- Volume: 0.25 qts. over stock
- Increased oil capacity for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to the transmission case
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal
- Boss cast into pan can be machined for a temperature sensor
- Magnetic drain plug for easier, less messy maintenance
- Mounting hardware provided
- Can be machined for a temperature sensor
- Dimensions (click for larger image):
For this differential cover design, PML included a bit of extra capacity, some fins, a fill and level check hole, and a drain hole. Aluminum construction and fins will provide cooling and the drain plug will make easier oil changes. The top boss is machined for the vent (included).
Applications for this cover include:
- Dodge Ram 1500 4WD, around 2001 to 2011
- Dodge Dakota 4WD, around 2000 to 2004, and possibly 2005 to 2012, may require modifications
- Dodge Durango 4WD, around 2000 to 2004, and possibly 2005 to 2012, may require modifications
- Some models of Mitsubishi trucks and SUVs
Because there is little clearance, removing the stock cover is difficult. The drain on the PML drain hole simplifies future fluid changes and servicing. A magnetic drain plug is provided. The differential cover also has oil fill/level check hole and boss which can optionally be machined for a temperature sending unit.
Installing the larger PML cover can be challenging. There is very little space. Dakota and Durango vehicles have had clearance issues with the steering rack and have had to made modifications to increase clearance.