Paddle Shifter with D9 Paddles
Twist Machine Paddle Shift with D9 Paddles
Get lightning fast shifts using the Twist Machine Paddle Shifter with D9 Paddles that turns your automatic into a paddle-shifted transmission! With a transmitter mounted in the paddle shifter and a receiver that connects to an electronic transmission controller, the paddle shifter offers a signal time of 5 milliseconds – faster than any mechanical manual or automatic floor shifter on the market today.
The paddle shifter's wireless design simplifies installation and allows for easy adaptation to your electronic automatic transmission.
Please read on for details before purchase; complexity varies by application.
Steering Wheel Mounting Style: Splined
Splined Shaft suits 1967-1994 GM splined steering columns, as well as most aftermarket steering columns from Ididit and Flaming River.
Finish: Brushed or Polished
Choose Brushed for the textured look. Choose Polished for our mirror finish.
Steering Wheel Adapter: 5-Bolt, 6-Bolt or None
Choose None when pairing the paddle shifter to a 9-bolt wheel, such as LeCarra, Budnik or Billet Specialties. Choose 5-Bolt for Grant steering wheels and 6-Bolt for Sparco and Momo.
The Paddle Shifter Requires:
- Electronic Transmission: The paddle shifter pairs only with electronic automatic transmissions such as a 4L60E, 4L80E, AODE, 4R70W, 4R100, 6R80E, 6L80E, 8L90E, 10L80E and TCI 6X. Automatic transmissions, such as the 700-R4, TH350, TH400, PG and 2004R, are not compatible with the paddle shifter.
- Mechanical Floor or Column Shifter: The paddle shifter only controls forward gears. A separate mechanical floor or column shifter is required for Park/Reverse/Neutral/Drive.
- Non-Airbag Steering Wheel: The paddle shifter adapts to many non-airbag factory steering wheels, as well as many aftermarket wheels. Choose a 9-bolt wheel, such as LeCarra, Budnik or Billet Specialties; 5- and 6-bolt wheels, such as Sparco, Momo and Grant, require you to select a 5 or 6 bolt adapter.
Your Application May Also Require:
- Aftermarket Transmission Controller: Order a COMPUSHIFT transmission controller for GM and Ford electronic automatics. The paddle shifter is also compatible with controllers from TCI, Powertrain Control Solutions, Holley, Painless Wiring, GMPP and US Shift (Baumann Engineering). Cars equipped with factory manumatic capability (for example, +/- on the floor shifter) do not require an aftermarket transmission controller.
The paddle shifter sends its signal from a transmitter mounted in the paddle shifter to a receiver that connects to the OEM manumatic or aftermarket electronic transmission controller. The transmission controller actuates the electric shift solenoids that control the forward gears.
An installation guide can be found here.
1. Bolt Paddle Shifter To Steering Column
The splined shaft fits 1967-1994 GM spline steering columns, as well as most aftermarket steering columns from Ididit and Flaming River.
2. Connect Receiver to Transmission Controller
Some basic electronics skills are required to convert factory-wiring signal.
The paddle shifter receiver accepts basic 12V ground and positive wires.
Cars equipped with factory manumatic capability (for example, +/- on the floor shifter) do not require an aftermarket transmission controller.
Cars with electronic transmission but without factory manumatic capability require an aftermarket transmission controller. We offer COMPUSHIFT controllers for GM and Ford electronic automatics. The paddle shifter is also compatible with controllers from TCI, Powertrain Control Solutions, Holley, Painless Wiring, GMPP and US Shift (Baumann Engineering).
3. Bolt Paddle Shifter To Steering Wheel
The paddle shifter pairs with 9-bolt billet wheels, such as LeCarra, Budnik and Billet Specialties that have at least a 3/4 inch offset. However, the 5- and 6-bolt wheels, such as Sparco, Momo and Grant, require an adapter between the paddle shifter and steering wheel. Click above to choose the appropriate Steering Wheel Adapter when ordering.
NOTE: The paddle shifter does NOT work with airbag steering wheels. On vehicles factory-equipped with airbag steering wheels, paddle shifters should only be installed for racing applications.