PML Differential Cover for Dana 44, High Front Fill, 10 Bolt
Volume: approximately stock capacity to ½ qts. over stock
Because the Dana 44 differential has so many uses and variations, you will need to do some homework to determine what cover will work best for your application.
This Dana 44 differential cover features fill/level check hole, a drain hole, fins and aluminum construction for to dissipate heat. The fins have a traditional straight fin design. This cover has thick walls and gasket flanges to add strength to the differential housing and to provide a uniform clamping force on the gasket surface for a secure seal.
The Dana 44 differential is found on many vehicles beginning in the 1940´s and is still used today. This PML cover for the Dana 44 differential typically corresponds to stock covers on 1941 to 1980 vehicles and GM front differentials from 1964 to 1978. Here are some possibilities:
- Dodge Ramcharger front, 1972 to 1978
- Dodge Pick Up front, 1972 to 1978
- Ford F100 and F150 front, 1971 to 1979
- Ford F250 front, 1966 to 1979
- Ford F350 front, 1966 to 1979
- Ford Bronco front, 1971 to 1979
- GM Front, 1964 to 1978
- Jaguar (some rear)
- Jeep CJ rear, 1941 to 1975
- Jeep Truck front, 1974 to 1986
- Jeep Wagoneer front, 1974 to 1986
- Jeep Cherokee front, 1974 to 1986
- Jeep rear, 1974 to approximately 2008
- IH Scout front, 1975 to 1980
- IH Scout rear, 1967 to 1980
Do not use this cover on: stock covers with a vent. In 2009, Jeep changed the design of some rear axles and added a vent to the stock cover and a PML cover will not work on these newer models.
Comparing Dana 44 Covers
Be sure to compare the number of bolts, shape, level check hole location to your stock cover and check if you have clearance for a larger cover.
Click on an image to view larger in a separate window or tab.
Here is a link to a Wrangler Forum discussion about fill levels.
PML Differential Cover Features:
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins for cooler temperatures
- Thick wall construction to add strength to differential housing
- Thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal using RTV or factory reusable gasket
- Oil changes without removing the cover
- All hardware provided, including magnetic drain plug