GM 6L50, Deep PML Transmission Pan
Volume: about 1 1/2 to 2 quarts over stock
Dimensions: The PML pan is about 5 inches deep. Click below for larger image.
Number of Bolts: 17 bolts (there are 19 holes, 2 holes locate the gasket and 17 holes for bolts to hold the pan to the transmission case)
The GM 6L50 transmission is found on 2015 and newer Canyon and Colorado and models of Cadillac, Camaro Caprice, and Corvette.
- 2015 and 2016 Chevrolet Colorado gas engine
- 2015 and 2016 GMC Canyon gas engine
- 2015 to 2018 Chevrolet Colorado 2.8 Diesel
- 2015 to 2018 GMC Canyon 2.8 Diesel
- 2009 to 2015 Camaro 3.6 (check ground clearance)
- Some Cadillac CTS, SLS, STS (check ground clearance)
- Vehicles with the 6L45 transmission (such as Caprice)
- International vehicles, such as 2012 and newer Trailblazer, Holden Colorado and Colorado 7
Always check your vehicle to verify transmission and clearance. Configurations vary. Cars may need a PML stock capacity 6L50 pan.
For 2017 gas engine Canyon and Colorado, GM switches to an 8 speed transmission. See PML deep 8L90 transmission pan (in development), part number 11140.
Finished prototype phase April 2018. Made small design updates May 2018 to add a little more clearance for the exhaust on gas engine trucks and make the pan 5 inches deep.
- Extra capacity
- Finned to increase surface area for heat dissipation
- Drain and magnetic drain plug
- Thick walls and gasket flange
- Heavy duty construction
Stock pan does not have a drain plug, so changing the transmission fluid and filter is a messy procedure.
PML pan has a drain hole on the driver side. A magnetic drain plug is included with the pan.
Filter Supports, Inside of PML Pan
PML designed this transmission pan with filter supports. These hold the filter at the same location as the stock pan so no filter extension is needed.
The fluid level and pick-up remain the same with a PML pan as with the stock pan.
Ground Clearance, Stock Capacity Pan
This PML 6L50 pan may not provide enough ground clearance. Cars, such as Camaro and Cadillacs, would probably need a pan closer to the stock depth. Trucks with skid plates or modified trucks may also need a pan closer to stock depth.
Always check carefully for clearance.
Depending on demand, PML is planning a stock capacity pan that would be about 3/4 inch taller than stock. See PML stock capacity 6L50 pan, part number 11149.